Tips to consider when ordering cakes online
When you want a cake for your special occasion, an online bakery is one of the first places you turn to. But, with so many options, it can take time to figure out where to start. To help you find the right baker for cakes in Sydney for your needs, this guide to ordering cakes online will help.
As the city of Sydney continues to grow and expand, so too does the number of cake shops. According to a recent report, over 800 cake shops are now in the area.
The growth of this industry is not surprising, considering that Sydney has become a global hub for high-end fashion and dining experiences. As more people discover the joys of eating cake, they also find how much fun it can be to eat it in a beautiful setting.
Check the reviews.
Doing some research before ordering from a new bakery is essential. Yelp, Google, and Facebook reviews are great places to start. Make sure any bakeries you’re considering have at least three stars on Yelp or four stars on Facebook. If they don’t have any reviews yet, ask if they can provide some references—and if so, make sure the people who provided them ordered cakes from that bakery.
If there are negative reviews (and there often are), read through them carefully and see if there’s a pattern of problems that could apply to your situation: maybe one person had an allergy problem with their custom-made cake. Another wanted to know how long it took for their cake to be delivered. It’s also worth noting whether or not the business resolved those problems satisfactorily.
It can also help to focus on consistency in what reviewers say about a given bakery: if people mention that one feature was good. However, another could have been better quality-wise than expected (or vice versa!). This could mean quality control needs to be updated.
Consider the baker’s location.
- Consider the baker’s location. If you live in Sydney and want a cake for your cousin’s birthday party in Melbourne, look for bakeries that serve that region. You can also ask them if they ship cakes nationwide and how much it would cost to deliver them to your cousin’s house.
- How far in advance do you need the cake? Most bakeries require at least 24 hours notice to order ingredients and make them fresh for you! If your event is last minute, there may not be time to bake it fresh or order what’s needed from another bakery that delivers locally (if one even exists).
Call the bakery to ask questions.
- Call the bakery to ask questions.
- Be sure to tell them about special requirements, such as allergy restrictions.
- Find out where the baker is located and if you need to visit them in person.
- Ask about the baker’s availability for ordering or delivering your cake on the day you want it.
- Ask about their experience and reputation with delivering wedding cakes in Sydney(or wherever else).
Order early to allow time.
When ordering a cake online, allowing yourself enough time for delivery is crucial. People run cake shops, so sometimes there are delays you may need to be aware of. If you need your cake urgently, book in advance or order from a nearby bakery.
If you have a custom design made, ensure that all specifications have been given in detail before ordering so there will be no problems making your cake with the bakeries online.
Ask about special requirements, such as allergy restrictions.
Double-check that the bakery has the time to make the cake you want if your order is for a momentous occasion, such as a birthday or wedding. You should also ask if they have any special requirements that need to be met. This includes allergies, dietary restrictions (such as gluten-free or vegan) and other factors (such as specific flavour preferences).
These tips will help you find the perfect cake. Consider your budget, the baker’s location and any special requirements or allergy restrictions. If you’re planning, order early, so there’s no last-minute rush.